A reminder after the stress of the holidays:
After a while we get sick of turkey sandwiches and leftovers and we often get tired of being under the umbrella of family fellowship (school breaks, time with relatives etc). Let me just remind you of a few verses.
‘This is my command: Love each other’. John 15:15
“A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.” Proverbs 29:11
And we just studied this a few months ago: “My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.” James 1:19
Sometimes God gives us verses just to get us through certain situations. It’s so easy to go stir-crazy over a holiday. You kind of trip over each other when you aren’t used to having a full house and you think you are supposed to be happy and jolly and joyful even if you are tired and cranky and disappointed, or don’t feel very good. You can’t entertain the kids 24/7, and you are sick of doing dishes or picking up Monopoly pieces or legos and it is easy to get cranky and hard to stay in control. Hang in there. Love each other and remember to say you are sorry and mean it.
Final Prophetic Advent Name:
“Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.” Isaiah 7:14
I know that Christmas is over, but Isaiah gave us one more prophetic name for Jesus, Immanuel/Emmanuel. This name means God with us or God is with us. It’s such an amazing name! It’s convicting and comforting at the same time! Our God is With Us! He is not just watching us from a distance like that Bette Midler song. He is with us. He was with us as a human being and he is with us as a spirit. He is not distant, he never was and he never will be. Praise the Lord.
“And all this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel –which means God with us.” Matthew 1:22-23
Other verses about God with us include: Exodus 3:11-12, John 15:9-12, I Corinthians 3:16,
Hebrews 13:5-6 and Matthew 28:20.
- † 19. Revitalize—: Your Idea about Stress
- † 18. Revitalize—: Good Medicine
- † 17. Revitalize—: Your Thanksgiving Song
- † 16. Revitalize—: Thank You Notes
- † 15. Revitalize—: Know your Holy Spirit as Helper/Comforter/Advocater
- † 14. Revitalize—: Who is the Holy Spirit?
- † 13. Revitalize—: The name of Jesus, Immanuel
- † 12. Revitalize—Getting to Know God by Name
- † 11. Revitalize—Names of God
- † 10. Revitalize—Wrestling
- †9. Revitalize—Community
- †8. Revitalize—Peace for the School year
- †7. Revitalize—Manners and Conduct
- †6. Revitalize—Journey
- †5. Revitalize—Brotherly Love
- †4. Revitalize—Purpose for the Summer Slump
- †3. Revitalize—Childish vs. Childlike
- †2. Revitalize—Your Treasure
- † 1. Revitalize—Again
Daily Bible Verse