So, what’s going on for 2020 and 2021?? We started on Sunday, September 20 at 6 p.m., but this year AWANA will be different.
We will start at 6 p.m. and will meet in the sanctuary for opening.
All older clubber’s (Sparks and T&Ts) verses will be listened to via phone by an AWANA listener OR you may listen to your clubber. (two helps per verse or they need to start over the verse.)
We will meet after opening by clubs—Cubbies, Sparks and T&Ts. In club time, your student’s information and what they did with their “phone/parent listener” will be recorded and verified. There will be socially distanced games and also club lessons.
We will then finish back in the sanctuary for closing.
This year’s theme is about “God’s Promises”—aren’t we glad “God will never leave us nor forsake us”!! (Hebrews 13:5) That’s a promise and your child will be hearing about so many promises and also learning Psalm 121.
Once COVID is over, we will be back to a normal AWANA program and rolling again, but your child can still participate in AWANA if they can’t make it to club. Your child will still have his/her books and a phone listener.
If we need to shelter-at-home again, your child will still have his/her books, and we will have a group Zoom meeting once a month. Be sure your child wears his/her facemask.
Here is the January through May Schedule.
- Jan. 10 Bring a Friend
- Jan. 17 Snowman night--dress in white or gray
- Jan. 24 Crazy shoe night
- Jan. 31 Inside-out night
- Feb. 7 Hockey night--wear your favorite hockey team colors
- Feb. 14 Valentine's night--wear red, pink or white
- Feb. 21 Basketball night--wear your favorite basketball team colors or basketball team hat
- Feb. 28 Bible hero night--dress up like your favorite Bible hero
- March 7 Birthday night--we will be celebrating everyone's birthday
- March 14 Favorite stuffed animal night
- March 21 Easter night-wear something that is a color of an Easter Egg
- March 28 and April 4--no AWANA for Easter and Spring Break
- April 11 Banana night--dress in yellow (we will have banana splits!!
- April 18 Western Night--dress up as your favorite cowboy or cowgirl
- April 25 Goofy glasses night
- May 2 AWANA AWARDS Night
Sunday nights 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Mid-September through First of May
Ages 3 to 6th grade
AWANA is a ministry for children Preschool through 6th Grade, where children learn Bible verses and have a blast doing it! AWANA starts up in September each year and meets Sunday nights, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. We are striving to make our AWANA program a place for your child(ren) to come and have fun, be safe, and most importantly learn about who our incredible God is through scripture memorization and short lessons. We thank each of you for allowing us to work with your child(ren) and hope they get as much out of every week as we do. If you ever have any questions about the AWANA program or West Greeley, please do not hesitate to call the Church at (970) 330-0786.
Children's Morning Program
9:30 a.m. Sunday School
PreK to 5th Grade
Students will be excited to learn the Bible from Genesis to Revelations.The Gospel Project for Kids is a Christ-centered Bible study resource that follows a chronological timeline of Bible events—presenting the story of redemption through Jesus like kids have never seen it before! Each week, these stories come to life through video, music, activities, and more.